RETN Ethernet service has 3 types of network configuration (according to MEF classification)
RETN Ethernet services are carried over our own IP/MPLS backbone based on state-of-the-art Juniper equipment which enables us to provide Ethernet Layer 2 and Layer 3 services as well as VPLS services*.
*L2 VPN – point-to-point connectivity at the 2d level of OSI model when customer’s sites are connected at one and the same 2nd OSI level (Layer 2);
L3 VPN – multipoint connectivity at the 3d level of OSI model (Layer 3) when customers are internetworking with their service providers (usually via BGP) to implement their networking and routing decisions;
VPLS – multipoint connections by any-to-any Ethernet LAN between provider’s edges (Layer 2 service).
RETN Ethernet and VPN services are available at various port speeds up to 10Gbps. Higher bandwidths requirements, ex. 100G port capacity, are available upon request, please contact us for further information.
Low bandwidth VPNs (<4 Gbps) built over RETN’s on-net IP PoPs are provisioned with automatic protection and redundancy. Automatic protection and redundancy can be provided on higher bandwidths, please contact us to discuss your requirements.
Service Features and Benefits
- Vast network reach
- Available at over 250 PoPs on-net worldwide
- 100 G based redundant backbone
- Extensive metro coverage via own fiber network and through multiple connected local access providers
- Ethernet solutions based on MEF standards
- L2- and L3-VPN services available
- Availability of protected last miles
- Juniper MPLS platform fully owned and operated by RETN
- Flexible billing and contract terms